Thursday, October 30, 2008

Uh, what?

Palin not going back to Alaska, even if she loses next week. And here I thought she was governor of the state. Does this mean she's stepping down?

If Obama and Biden win next week, I predict the death of the Republican Party as we know it. While quite a few people will rejoice at that, I don't think it's such a Good Thing. While a two party system is horrendous (essentially picking between dumb and dumber), a single party would be a damn nightmare. It'd be essentially mob rule.

Oh well, guess the Republicans brought this on themselves. I still blame Perot though. If he hadn't gone all loopy and pull his "I'm dropping out, no I'm here, here's my VP he's a total dumbass" stunt back in 1992 we might have a healthy three party system right now.

1 comment:

microbiologist xx said...

I think the key is the "republican party as we know it." It would serve that part well to get an ass-kicking so that they can reflect on what they have become. They are supposed to be about small government, "main-stream America" and fiscal responsibility. Instead they are about insane fringe group christians, legislating morals and wasting trillions of dollars on bull-shit. Any true republican should feel sick about what a transparent sham that party has become.